Goodmorning Members of the PDP Board of Trustees
This is Ifeanyi Ubah Support Group.
We came with humility to inform you of the great injustice meted out on some faithful members of the PDP, most especially Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah which is on the verge of tearing the party apart as well disunite the members of the PDP in Anambra State bearing in mind the deplorable state of our reward system.
Owing to the primary election which was recently conducted, it is an obvious fact that the primary election was designed to favour the anointed candidate of a godfather in Anambra State against hardworking party faithfuls and loyalists and people who have suffered for the party, most especially, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah.
Out of the seven candidates aspirants, four withdrew from partaking in the primary elections owing to the irregularities. However, it takes humility and party commitment even in the face of manipulation, scheming and glaring irregularities, for one to continue in the race just as Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah did.
It is on record that Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, since the sham of a primary election that took place on the 28th of August, 2017, has not uttered a word to the media because of his belief in the party’s resolution mechanism and also the rule of law. Ifeanyi Ubah has also not gone to court against the party, but has waited for the Appeal panel, being the highest body that addresses such irregularities.
Today, the statutory 48hours given to the Appeal Panel to produce a verdict and report on the appeals has lapsed and We, of the Support Group, have decided to inform the members of the BOT of the great consequences and dangers that looms ahead of PDP as a result of this.
We will not want to want to bring ridicule, shame, and public hatred on PDP by publishing all that has happened in Anambra State. However, we want you all to use your goodwill to call on the leadership of the National party, to call a spade a spade and address the anomalies that swallowed the primary election in Anambra state in order to forge a united body in Anambra State.
We call on Ahmed Makarfi led PDP to do the right thing as all eyes are on him to do the right thing. If Osun can get it right under Senator Ali Modu Sheriff by electing a Senator without rancor, why will Anambra State get it wrong under Ahmed Makarfi. Why must PDP allow the party to die because of Mr. Peter Obi who is the alleged man in the middle of this acrimony?
Ifeanyi Ubah was in PDP before Peter Obi. Ifeanyi Ubah was part of the delegation alongside Olisa Metuh, Senator Godswill Akpabio and others that went to usher Peter Obi into the party. Ifeanyi Ubah was the Deputy Director, Contact and Mobilisation of the last Presidential Campaign Organisation of the PDP. Ifeanyi Ubah led the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) to all nooks and crannies of Nigeria campaigning for PDP at his own cost. Ifeanyi Ubah donated his estate comprising of 10 buildings in Abuja in order to serve as TAN Headquarters. Ifeanyi Ubah brought in four plane load of campaign materials, chartered from Dubai to Guangzhou to Lagos. Ifeanyi Ubah supplied relief materials to every state of Nigeria. Ifeanyi Ubah donated 214 trailers of rice to all PDP stakeholders nationwide at his own cost. Ifeanyi Ubah went into Gombe, Northeast of Nigeria, even in the heat of Boko Haram attacks and stands as the first person to mention PDP in that state. Ifeanyi Ubah led TAN to Kano to campaign for PDP, a week after Kano University was bombed, even when the PDP stakeholders in Kano like former Governor Shekarau and former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Wali could not come to the rally in their own state. Ifeanyi Ubah canvassed the whole nation, convincing Nigerians to vote PDP on the strength that the PDP led administration was a good government. Ifeanyi Ubah went to Portharcourt and fought for the soul of PDP in Rivers State by organizing one of the biggest PDP gatherings. Ifeanyi Ubah did same in Ibadan, Onitsha, Minna and Grand Finale in Abuja and garnered over 18 million voters ready to fight for PDP.
In all, Ifeanyi Ubah has never been given a single contract and have never collected any money from anyone in the course of his support for the PDP.
The question today is: why will PDP shortchange Ifeanyi Ubah in Anambra State knowing fully well that Ifeanyi Ubah has all the clout to win this election. Ifeanyi Ubah is the only person who has built a football stadium for the youth which the state government has not built in over 25 years of its existence. Ifeanyi Ubah has 2 radio stations in Anambra State. Ifeanyi Ubah is the only aspirant from South Senatorial district which carries the highest votes in Anambra State. Ifeanyi Ubah has laboured for PDP. Will this labour be in vain? Will PDP allow the party to go into a legal battle that cannot be sustained due to the sham that was termed a primary election, thereby bringing ridicule to PDP or will they stand up and take the right decision by disallowing a man who is not qualified to contest the November 18, 2017 election under the platform of the PDP? Will the BOT and the National Working Committee (NWC) stand on their conscience and take a decision that will be fair to PDP faithfuls worldwide.
Today, we, of the Ifeanyi Ubah Support Group are placing adverts on the print media, electronic media and social media, showcasing what Ifeanyi Ubah has done for the PDP and will ask PDP faithfuls nationwide if the treatment meted out of Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah and others are fair.
It is pertinent to note that
1. We, of the Ifeanyi Ubah Support Group nationwide, have approached all PDP faithfuls starting from the BOT members and aspirants, asking them to condemn the anomalies that happened in Anambra State, which if not checked, is capable of truncating the successes PDP is gradually recording in Nigeria.
2. We have also, dutifully and respectfully adhered to all resolution mechanisms made available by the party starting from the fact that the day we were shortchanged through the ward congress and consequently, primary elections, we have remained resolute not to bring the name and reputation of the party into disrepute by refusing to make any public statement or partaking in any negative media campaign.
3. Having given PDP the room to correct these anomalies through the Appeal Panel which sat on Tuesday 12th of September, 2017 whose report should statutorily be released latest, Thursday 14th of September, 2017 as mandated by the PDP constitution, it is obvious that there is a problem being initiated by members of a particular cabal trying to truncate the observations, report, the good wishes and conscience of the Appeal panel members.
4. Thus, we have taken a decision to inform the BOT members, NWC members and all party faithfuls nationwide of the impending calamity that is about to befall PDP by reason of the impunity being carried out in Anambra State.
5. By 6PM today, being Friday, 15th September, 2017, if Justice is not served, we will have no other choice than to start a media campaign nationwide by publishing what actually transpired in Anambra State.
6. We urge you all to use your good offices to call on Ahmed Makarfi led National Working Committee to heed to their conscience and allow justice to take its full course in Anambra State.
PDP should not allow few individuals to derail the party.
It is time to do the right thing!
We cannot afford to disgrace the party by supporting this level of impunity. Everyone is watching.